VisualTour Forums  

Go Back   VisualTour Forums > General > REALTOR.com Virtual Tour Linking

Old 07-18-2006, 09:39 PM

Default How to link new tour to same listing?

I made a tour and linked it to Realtor.com. Then I deleted that tour and made a new one for the same listing. Now I can't link that new one to Realtor.com. The link on Realtor.com points to the deleted tour (which is nothing). How can I point the link to the new tour?
Old 07-29-2006, 02:29 PM

Cool Re: How to link new tour to same listing?

I did the same thing would love to know how to fix it!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:25 PM

Default Re: How to link new tour to same listing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones33 View Post
I made a tour and linked it to Realtor.com. Then I deleted that tour and made a new one for the same listing. Now I can't link that new one to Realtor.com. The link on Realtor.com points to the deleted tour (which is nothing). How can I point the link to the new tour?
REALTOR.com will not allow you to add two tours to the same listing. Use the following instructions to edit or replace the existing tour rather than creating a new tour. Even more important, never ask REALTOR.com to remove a tour for you. If you do, there is nothing we can do to get a new tour in its place. At that point, ONLY REALTOR.com can fix it for you.

In your case, you deleted the tour. If you did not yet ask REALTOR.com to do anything, you can still get out of this mess. Call VisualTour support at 800-873-0700 and give them the old tour number, the new tour number, the REALTOR.com order number, and the MLS number. With those four items, they can log into REALTOR.com and edit the link that is there.

Here is the better way to handle it in the future so you have no delays. REALTOR.com (as well as any other site, really) has a link that points to a particular tour, so change that tour to be the right property rather than deleting that tour. It is very easy to overwrite that tour with a new version of itself so it appears exactly as you want on REALTOR.com and everywhere else. Here is how.
  1. Start out in the software with the correct (or revised) tour open.

2. Click Send to VisualTour as though you are uploading a new tour. When you get to the login screen, log in as normal.

3. When you get to the Tour Information screen, do NOT add any tour info (title, MLS number, price, address, etc.). After all, this is not a new tour. Instead, click My Tours in the upper left.

4. Click the PHOTOS button next to the tour you are replacing.

5. Click Add Photo(s) in the upper right.

6. Choose the REUPLOAD-OVERWRITE option, and click Next.

7. Continue as normal. The current photos (and voice, if any) will be replaced with the ones you wanted.
    Note that this process completely replaces the online tour so all the photos, captions, voice, and hot spots will be removed and replaced with the revised version of the tour that was in the software. If you only want to add a photo here and there, use the "individual photo" option in step 6.
Since the links on REALTOR.com and other sites all point to the tour number, they will immediately show the new tour.

As a general rule, when in doubt, never delete anything without asking VisualTour support first since deleting a tour is irreversible. You can always delete things later.

Last edited by KWilliams4; 06-24-2009 at 08:19 AM.