Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > General > REALTOR.com Virtual Tour Linking

Old 10-08-2005, 09:41 AM

Angry Bug in VisualTour linking program?

I entered a new listing less than 48 hours ago. Of course, Realtor.com doesn't post new listings immediately so I received an email from VisualTour stating that an attempt would be made to add the tour each day for the next ten days. This morning I received a notice that I'm getting a refund from VisualTour. What happened to the ten day period? I suspect it has something to do with the Realtor.com maintenance window this weekend because I did receive several failed connection timeouts emails from VisualTour. But now I have to go through the process all over again. Can this problem be addressed?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:07 AM

That's really strange. We'll have someone look into it immediately. This is the first we've heard of this "undocumented feature" :-) It's supposed to work exactly as the email states..... try 10 times on 10 separate days, then give up, issue a refund automatically, and quit trying.

Thanks for the heads up. If we can see the problems, we can fix them! :-)

Best regards,
Old 10-09-2005, 10:28 PM

Update...

Yep, it was a bug (undocumented feature :-) Normally if there's a problem such as a listing not existing yet on R.com we simply try once every day for 10 days, then if we're not successful we give up and issue the refund automatically. In this case for whatever reason there was a communications problem with R.com, and the linking program was designed to retry every 10 minutes if there was a communications problem.

However, after 10 attempts at 10 minute intervals it gave up as it was still getting communications error. We'll fix this ASAP so that if the linking routine has communications errors it will retry on a daily basis as it should.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2005, 12:55 PM
VP Product Development

Default REALTOR.com Linking Failed

Goods news on two fronts! First, REALTOR.com has corrected whatever the communication problem was. Second, we have modifed our process to handle communication type errors the same as other REALTOR.com linking errors. They will be retried once per day for up to 10 days. This will provide a longer time frame for the issue to be resolved. Of course, you can manually retry a link without waiting a full day by clicking the RESUBMIT option on the tour's edit page in your VisualTour.com account.

Best Regards,

Wayde Wyatt
VP, Product Development