Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Music, Music, Music

Is there any way of you folks adding longer music selections and then listing the music selections with their lengths?

Most of my tours are 2-3minutes long and the music just repeats way to many times.

Thank you.
12155 South Dixie Hwy.
Pinecrest, FL 33156
www.MarieStory.com
305-776-0010
Old 09-19-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Music, Music, Music

I second that motion!

I just wanted to add that I agree 100% with Marie. Longer music selections would be nice as the constant repetition of the current selections can be annoying.

Actually, having MORE music selections in general would be wonderful.

I find myself using the same two selections over and over because, in my opinion, none of the others fit well with a tour of a home.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
VT Support and Training

We have heard that suggestion before, so we are actually looking at that one and a few others requests. "Longer" is easy to understand, but if you have any particular style requests, now is a good time to make them known. We do not have a sufficient number of music requests to really establish any sort of official pattern, but the key word we have heard is that maybe people just want something "different." We will be looking at some different styles to see what we can do.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:26 PM

Hmmm, specific style request for music. I wish I could be more helpful and specific on what I want, but... what I can easier tell you is what I dont want.

I dont think we need any more "jazz" selections. I like jazz, but it makes me think of lots of people being around a lively band, it just dosnt suit a tour of a quiet, empty home. "Loud" stuff just dosnt seem to fit well, and stuff that goes from major lows to major highs.

Well, maybe this will help. The one I use the most is "While you were gone". I dont know what style that is considered, but its pleasant and simple. Instrumentals of some "soft rock" songs might be interesting too.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:32 PM

I think classical music, not the standark Muzak, would generally be appropriate for most tours. If we can't get longer versions, why not allow us to either change for each scene, or at least restart for each scene?

Paul
Old 11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
VT Support and Training

Your wishes have been granted (except the one about new music for each scene - if that is what you want, use the voice narration feature and record or import music for each scene). Last Friday night, we more than tripled the number of musical selections available. For PKHIG (Paul), be aware that we added "real" classical music to the classical category. We now offer composers you have heard of like Mozart, Vivaldi, and Beethoven. MSTORY1 (Marie Story) and KTOUSSAINT requested longer songs, and we have come through. We extended the length of most existing songs, and the new songs are longer. Overall, we went from 28 songs to 87. We took into account the various requests we got and tried to assemble a larger variety. You might not love them all, but surely you will find a few somewhere that you will enjoy.

How do you access all the new music? We have not yet added it to the software, but it is already online. Just log into your account at www.VisualTour.com. From the My Account page, click My Tours. Next to your tour, click the INFO button. Now, scroll down a little more than half way and look on the right. You will see the current music file and an option titled CHANGE. Click CHANGE to see the extended list of songs and preview them.

We will add them to the software as well, but at least you can get a jump start by hearing them online and adding them to your tours.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:50 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I just listened to the new and improved versions and changed the music on all my tours. Nice work

Paul