Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2008, 10:32 AM

Red face Transfer tour from one realtor to another

Is there a way to NOT have to redo a tour for a listing that was given to me by another realtor? The tour still exists in her account. Can I copy it from her hard drive to mine and upload it into my account? Or should I be looking for another way? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:12 AM
VT Support and Training

Default Re: Transfer tour from one realtor to another

You can certainly copy it from her computer to yours. Each tour has its own folder, so it is just a matter of copying the folder from one computer to the other. Let's use an example of a tour called 123 Elm Street, which we will assume is stored under the Residential folder of the software.
  1. Open the My Computer Program on her computer.

2. Open My Documents, then open the folder called My VisualTours.

3. Open Residential (since the tour is in that folder in the software).

4. Now you will see the folder for 123 Elm Street. Copy that folder onto a CD (or flash drive or something).

5. On your computer, open My Documents, then My VisualTours then Residential, and copy the folder from the CD (or flash drive) and paste it (into Residential).

The instructions above assume that you know how to get that folder onto a CD or flash drive. A flash drive is just a matter of using copy/paste, but if you are unsure how to burn a CD, here is one way.
  1. Right click the 123 Elm Street folder on the old computer, and choose "Send To" then click the CD drive.

2. A little yellow message usually pops up at this point to tell you that you have files waiting to be burned to CD. Click the message. If the message did not appear, just select the CD drive.

3. From the File menu, choose the option to "Write these files to CD."

4. A wizard will appear, so you can make some choices (or just keep clicking YES and NEXT). It will tell you when to insert the CD in the drive if there is not one already there.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Transfer tour from one realtor to another

Thank you so much! I thought I could do it that way - I've just had a little trouble getting the other realtor to find out which computer she has it on. She kept telling me to pull it off the mls or out of her visual tour account and I kept telling her that won't work. Thanks for the quick response!