Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2008, 07:17 PM

Default Adding a map link on non-branded tours

Our mls now allows the address of our properties in our virtual tours and pictures if we so desire. How can I add the "map" link feature in a non-branded tour, currently it only displays "share tour" and "tools".
Old 01-21-2008, 07:51 AM
VT Support and Training

Default Re: Adding a map link on non-branded tours

Every MLS has its own rules, so there are a few different unbranded viewers. As you noted, there is not currently one that has the map feature. Perhaps at some point, more unbranded options might be added, particularly if some other MLS's loosen the reigns or if your MLS approaches us about setting up automatic link submission so we can have a special unbranded link just for them.

Until then, there is a way to add a map. You can add an HTML link to the description of one of your scenes. Basically, you want something like this:

To see the location of this property, <a href="REPLACE THESE CAPITAL LETTERS WITH YOUR LINK" target="_blank">Click Here</a>.

Just replace the capital letters (leave the quotes) with a link to the property. You can look up the property on Google, Yahoo, Mapquest, or any other mapping system to get the link.

We also have some information about Mapquest here:
http://forums.visualtour.com/showthread.php?t=198

I hope that points you in the right direction.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 AM

One minor problem, since we belong to two mls's, one may allow the addition of the mapping link, the other not. Is there a way to clone (make an exact copy of the visualtour file that is already online so I can modify a scene to have a map link, while having the original tour still linked to the other MLS (with no map link). If not, does that mean I have to manually upload the tour again to VisualTour. This is obviously different than linking the same tour to two different mls's which you already helped me on in December. Look forward to your response.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:31 AM
VT Support and Training

Aha! You are in Michigan. Are your two MLS's Realcomp and MIRealSource? If the one that allows the map is one of those, then we are already submitting to them and might be able to help. To start, we would need verification from the MLS that they will allow the maps.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:50 AM
VT Support and Training

Oops, you asked if there is a way to clone a tour online. There is no way built in, so people traditionally just reupload the tour and create a second copy.