Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2008, 08:16 AM

Default Tour Details/Stats

When viewing the tour details - for example, the pie chart that shows where traffic is coming from - would you explain the difference between Visual Tour and Visual Tour Email? Thank you
Old 05-12-2008, 08:42 AM
VT Support and Training

Default Re: Tour Details/Stats

When you see that your tour was viewed from VisualTour, it is an indication that the tour was viewed from within your account on VisualTour. Perhaps you viewed it after uploading the tour or if you called in for technical support, it is possible that someone at VisualTour viewed it directly from the website. The tour was not, however, viewed from the home page of the VisualTour site by someone typing the tour number into the box on the left. That type of view would be labeled VisualTour - Find A Home.

When you see that your tour was viewed from VisualTour Email, it is an indication that the tour was viewed by someone using the link that is sent to people via email. That could be because someone used the SHARE TOUR feature to email someone a link or it could be that you copied the "Email a link to this tour:" link from the page of sample links found when you click the LINKS button next to your tour on the My Tours page.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask again in this forum or contact your local office's VisualTour administrator (if you have one) or VisualTour's support staff at 800-873-0700.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:00 AM

thanks for the response. I'm still scratching my head over the Visual Tour catagory. For example, one of my tours has had 545 hits with 146 of those being from Visual Tour; another with 48 hits and 29 being from Visual Tour. I can't remember when I looked at them so much or that the Help Desk would have looked at them so much. I will keep tracking, but it seems very high to me.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:51 AM
VT Support and Training

Stop scratching your head. I came up with another way to make the website think your tour was viewed from VisualTour.com. Did you link your tour to some site using the non popup link? We have two types of non popup links. One will have the word SHOWVT.ASP in the link. The other will have SHOWNP.ASP. Here are two examples.

http://www.VisualTour.com/shownp.asp?t=586697

http://www.VisualTour.com/showvt.asp?t=586697

Both bring up the same tour and both are non popup. The first option will cause the tour view statistics to report that the tour view comes from VisualTour. The second link will try to determine the actual tour view site. Is it possible that you have the shownp.asp link in use somewhere?
Old 05-12-2008, 11:01 AM

They all say http://www.visualtour.com/show.asp?T= various numbers here. There is no "np" or "vt" after the work "show". Could that still be the problem? If so, how do I correct it? Thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 11:13 AM
VT Support and Training

No, show.asp is fine. Is this perhaps an older tour from before we were tracking the source? We started tracking the source somewhat in October of 2007. We have made a few changes since then to improve accuracy.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:47 PM

That's it! One is from Sept 07 and one is from early Nov 07. Thanks for your help on this.