Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > Support - General > I Need Help!

Old 02-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Pending User

Default Creating on line tour with a Mac and iPhoto

How do I get photos from iPhoto to the Add Photos on line tour? I tried exporting photos from iPhoto. They are now in Pictures on my Mac. When I had a PC I could hit the control button and move all the pictures to my tour at one time. Now it appears that I will have to add all 86 photos individually. Is there another way?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:39 AM
VT Support and Training

Default Re: Creating on line tour with a Mac and iPhoto

To select more than one file at a time on a Mac, you can use the Command key instead of the CTRL key. The Command key is the one with the 4 loops. Click a photo file, then press Command and click any others you want.

Although you mentioned the CTRL key, you also said you have 86 photos, which leads me to think the SHIFT key would be a better way to go. SHIFT on a Mac works the same as on a Windows PC. You can click a file, then press SHIFT and click another file. All the files between the first one you clicked and the second will be selected. This is a useful technique for selecting all 86 files without clicking each one individually.

Note that some Mac OS versions treat list mode differently than icon mode, so if Command or SHIFT is not working the way you expect, try changing the mode you are using the view the image filenames.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Pending User

Thanks so much! Now that you mention it, I think it was Shift and not the Control key that I used previously. It worked and I'm happy. Thanks again!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Pending User

Well…I downloaded all 86 pictures. Then clicked on create tour. I guess I missed a step because I never got to the section where I could stitch photos to create panoramic or to be able to preview the tour. Can I go back and do this step or should I delete and start over? How do I get to the stitching/editing step?
A Mac/online tour setup tutorial might help if there is such a thing. Getting frustrated...
Old 02-09-2012, 01:23 PM
VT Support and Training

We do not yet have an animated tutorial but we do a document that shows step by step, screen by screen, tour creation for Mac users using the online Tour Builder rather than the VisualTour Studio software. I suggest that document as a starting point so you can see how it works, although I also suggest calling VisualTour support staff so you can cut through the delays caused by this slower back and forth conversation on the VisualTour Forum site. You can find that document HERE.

When you look at the Tour Builder document, you will notice that in the second paragraph, it points out the major differences between the VisualTour Studio software vs. the Online Tour Builder. There are not many, but among those is that the online system does not have a stitching component. It also gives you an alternative way of stitching using Calico Panorama. We have no affiliation with the people who created the Calico Panorama system, but we saw it and thought it would be wise to let Mac users know of an alternative in case their camera does not have its own internal stitching and they have no other software like Photoshop to accomplish the task. They have a version that is free to try (never expires but if you like it, maybe do the right thing and pay them for it). We also typed up a document that shows step by step, screen by screen, how to stitch using that software. You can find that document HERE.

I hope you find those helpful, but remember you can also call the VisualTour support staff from 8AM to 8PM Eastern time on weekdays and 9AM to 6PM Eastern on Saturdays at 800-873-0700 (option 1).