Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > Support - General > I Need Help!

Old 11-17-2014, 08:24 PM

Default Custom Inventory List

I created a custom inventory list using one of RMOSS posts. The link works fine on computer and displays only the UF1 listings sorted buy price, but on a smart phone it displays all active listings instead of the just the ones I wanted. I had planned to create a QR code for the custom inventory link for one of our new construction clients so that smart phone users would have access to all available new home inventory. At this point users would see existing and new home inventory since that's what the mobile browser is showing. Any suggestions?
Old 11-18-2014, 09:34 AM
VT Support and Training

Default Re: Custom Inventory List

Yes, the memo from 2001 (http://forums.VisualTour.com/showthread.php?p=205) still works after all these years EXCEPT on mobile devices. GOOD NEWS! We have a newer method that works on desktop computers AND mobile devices. We will leave that older memo in place for people who need greater customization, but I'll update it and link it back to this one so people will know of the easier, cross compatible, way.

Instead of building the link from scratch, we will create a filter.

In your case, you wanted to specify a value for User Field 1 and also sort by price, so let's use that as our example.

1. Log into your account at www.VisualTour.com and using the drop down list with your name in the upper right, choose Dashboard.

2. Click the Inventory List option in the Settings section on the right.

3. Scroll down to the Filters section., and click Add to the right of the word Filters.

4. At the top, enter a name for your filter. Make the name match the types of listings you plan to show (Waterfront Homes, Luxury Homes, Starter Homes, etc).

5. If you want people to see the filter you are creating, check the Public box below the name. The filter will function in inventory links even if it is not public.

6. Look at the options on the page and decide what types of properties you want this inventory list to contain. People might want to show only Active Listings or those in a certain price range. Both of those can be found in the Property section toward the top. People can specify a city or zip code in the Location section. Note that if you fill in nothing, you will see everything. For example, checking the box to see Active Listings will block tours not marked as Active. Checking no boxes will show Active, Pending, Sold, and Off Market just as though you had checked all the boxes.

7. In your case, you wanted to specify a value for User Field 1, so in the Custom Fields section lower down on the page, enter the value.

8. In that same section, use the Sort by option to sort by price (ascending or descending)

9. Once you have specified all your desired criteria, click SAVE at the top of the screen.

10. Now that the filter has been set up, we just need to get the link,

11. Use the drop down list with your name in the upper right to choose My Tours.

12. Click ANY tour.

13. In the green options on the left, choose Link Builder.

14. On the Step 1 screen, choose My Inventory, and click Next.

15. On the Step 2 screen, choose My Website (or you mentioned a QR code, so that option is there as well), and click Next.

16. On the Step 3 screen, choose the filter you just created, and click Next.

17. Although the screen will change, you will still be on Step 3 (unless you chose the QR code option, in which case you are now looking at the code). Choose Unstyled Link if you just want the link to use. If you prefer the HTML code for a button, choose the one you want, and click Next.

18. Copy the link and use it.

This looks like a lot of steps, but it is easy once you try it. Of course, if you have any questions, we are here from 8AM to 8PM Eastern time on weekdays and 9AM to 6PM Eastern on Saturdays, so you can call us toll free at 800-873-0700 and press option 1.

Last edited by rmoss; 11-18-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:52 PM

I was able to create the inventory list link and it does display correctly both on the PC and in mobile browsers. However, on the PC there is a drop down menu just under our logo. The default shows New Construction Homes which is what I created. If you click the drop down you can access ALL of our active listings which includes existing homes. I unchecked the "active" in the link I created but it didn't change anything. Is there a way to remove the drop down from the pc view?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drop Down Screen Shot.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	21  
Old 11-19-2014, 08:26 AM
VT Support and Training

Yes, you can remove items from the drop down list. In your case, you seem to want to remove the Active Listings option, which is easy to do. Go back to your Dashboard screen, and click Inventory List. At the bottom of the screen, make sure the filter you want to remove from the list is not marked as the default (to the left of the filter's name). If it is, choose a different default, and click SAVE. Assuming it is not the default, click EDIT next to Active Listings (or any other you do not want showing). The EDIT screen looks just like the one you used when you set up the filter. Just uncheck the Public box near the top, and click SAVE. Any filters that are not public will be hidden from the drop down list. Unchecking Public does not mean the filter will fail. It just means people won't see it. You can still use it by choosing the appropriate link from Link Builder.

Note that if you wanted to remove the drop down list entirely, you would have to remove all filters (not just uncheck Public) and use the original method of specifying criteria for your inventory list.

Last edited by rmoss; 11-19-2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: adding more details
Old 11-19-2014, 09:48 AM

The new construction homes list was not set as the default, it was public however. So I unchecked public for it since I will use a QR code to make it available to my target audience anyway (IE access to the link). It works nicely. And, when a user clicks on a tour from the list, they still have access to all of our active inventory through the viewer which is fine. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:22 AM

So now that this works, how can I make a non branded version of this link for my MLS. That way when someone clicks on the virtual tour link on one of our many new construction listings they will be able to view all available inventory. Is this possible?
Old 12-10-2014, 09:47 AM
VT Support and Training

As you are probably aware, there are a few ways to make an individual tour display in an unbranded format. To create an inventory link that shows a list of all of your tours in unbranded format is not possible, however. You will have to add the link for each property to its specific listing and let the buyers and other agents discover each property (and associated tour) individually.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:09 AM

Understood. Thanks for the quick reply.

Tags
inventory, list, sort