Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > Support - General > I Need Help!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:14 AM

Default Creating Video Takes Hours Literally

When I try to create a video for YouTube, it takes up to 3 hours! Is this normal? I have an older laptop. This is very inconvenient. Sometimes it locks up.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Creating Video Takes Hours Literally

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyfromTampa View Post
When I try to create a video for YouTube, it takes up to 3 hours! Is this normal? I have an older laptop. This is very inconvenient. Sometimes it locks up.
Hello PeggyfromTampa,

The times that you see when creating a video is the actual time that it takes to covert your tour from a flash file to a video file. When VisualTour Studio 6 creates a video file for YouTube, it is doing so in the medium quality 640 x 480 format. I asked one of our representatives (Jenn) that worked with version 6 before it was released about your question. This is her reply:

"The process time varies based on the processor speed of your computer, how much system memory you have available, and what applications you have running at the time. I tested creating tour videos for uploading to YouTube before we released VisualTour Studio 6 to see what kind of video creating times we were likely to see. For these tests I used two different computers. The first was a lower end Pentium Celeron 2.4 Gigahertz with 512 Megabytes of system memory, the other, a faster Pentium dual core 1.8 Gigahertz with 2 Gigabytes of system memory. For a tour of about 40 pictures it took the first system about 2.5 hours to convert the tour to video. The same tour done on the other system took less then half that time. The process time is just really dependent on the system hardware and processing power. The better the system, the faster the video is created."

The only suggestion I can offer to speed up the process of automatically creating and uploading your video to YouTube is to restart your computer. This will give you the most system recources for making your video or, you can choose to "Create Video" but use the options: "This Computer" and "Quality: Low Bandwith 320x240." This option will allow you to save your VisualTour video to a location on your computer and from there you can manually upload the video file to YouTube from your YouTube user account. Keep in mind that using this option will create a video tour quicker, but the overall quality of the video will be lower then what you are used to seeing on YouTube.

Hope this helps!

VisualTour Support
1-800-873-0700
http://www.VisualTour.com
Support@VisualTour.com
Old 01-24-2009, 02:54 PM

My VA had the same problem and she really can't spend a hour plus uploading each of my tours to you tube. A fellow Realtor who uses tour Factor told me that they file is uploaded as an AVI video file and Tour Factory automatically uploads it to THEIR you tube site, and the Realtor get the AVI video file and uploads to his you tube account- in a matter of MINUTES!!!! I love visual tour but this issue needs to be solved for us.

Last edited by wattam; 01-24-2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 01-27-2009, 04:07 PM
VT Support and Training

Thank you for letting us know about your preference for a change to the video making feature. As you know, the video creation process is new to version 6.0, so it might take some time to see what changes people request. In early testing, we had some requests for alternate sizes and changes to the branding, so we were able to incorporate those suggestions. In time, we will see what other feedback we receive and base changes on that feedback.

The creation of video files is a time consuming one regardless of what software is creating the video. Time can be saved by using fewer frames per second or lower resolution, but initial feedback led VisualTour to decide not to skimp in those areas.

Tour Factory appears to be completing the video conversion online, so it is happening behind the scenes and difficult to measure exactly how long it takes. I am not sure about the resolution nor frames per second. I do see that individual photos are resized down far more in Tour Factory's system than VisualTour's so I have to at least wonder if they are doing the same with the video. As I mentioned above, that would be a time savings that is too costly in quality. For those agents who are willing to sacrifice quality for speed, though, we do have the lower resolution setting.

Admittedly, it takes a bit of time, but initial feedback was that people are not making dozens of videos a day (or even a week). For the few videos being made, allowing the software to work on the video while you complete other tasks is not a problem for most people and provides the advantage that videos and CD's can be created with no need for an Internet connection. At least that is the thought process that VisualTour has been led to believe works for our subscribers. Feedback like yours is valuable so we can learn if we need to make changes. Only time will tell what changes will occur. Other should feel free to contribute to this discussion or email suggestions@VisualTour.com with feedback.