Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > Support - General > I Need Help!

Old 02-22-2009, 04:30 PM

Default Lost tour??

The tour I have been working on is not in my Documents folder in the My Tours folder. When I log in to Studio (6.0.0.21) the tour is there but it is the only one there. In the My Visual Tours folder there are several tours but not this one. I need to get several photos out of the tour folder to upload them to the MLS. Where are they?
Old 02-22-2009, 07:14 PM
VP Product Development

Default Re: Lost tour??

Hi Bruce,

When you look in the \My Documents\My VisualTours\ folder on your computer, do you see the category folders (i.e., "Residential", etc)? Your tour folder would be located in one of these. For instance, "\My Documents\My VisualTours\Residential\123 State Street\". The folder structure will exactly match the categories and tour names you have in the VisualTour Studio software.

If you still cannot find them, please call our free tech support line at (800) 873-0700 first thing tomorrow and they will be glad to help you!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:39 PM

Unhappy Re: Lost tour??

I lost my tours too!!! When I upgraded to the latest version of Visual Tour, all of my old tours were gone. Now, I created a new tour with the new software, uploaded it to visultour.com and today- poof, the tour I created is gone as well. Where are my tours going? I need to make adjustments.

The tours are not in the residential tour folder when I browse through my documents.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:18 PM
VT Support and Training

Default Re: Lost tour??

We just spoke on the phone, but I'll leave your question here in case anyone else runs into this situation and needs some information. In your case, the tours were stored in an alternate location, which you figured out before we even started talking. You are now copying them to the location where the software is looking, so you will be all set.

Normally, the software looks for your tours in a folder called My VisualTours, which is located in your My Documents folder. If you have been storing your tours in some alternate location, the software might have lost track of them, but they are NOT gone unless you deleted them.

Updating to version 6 does not cause the software to forget where you are storing the tours, but something must have happened. Fortunately, the software creates a backup of its settings file, so you can usually open that backup (called VTS.CONFIG.ERROR) and see where the tours were stored previously. Look for a line titled <MyToursFolder>. We can then open the current settings file (VTS.CONFIG) and alter the setting there to look for your old tours, or you can copy your old tours to the new location.

If there is no VTS.CONFIG.ERROR, your best bet is to let Windows search for your old tours. Try searching for a file called TOUR.XML since each tour will have that file in its folder. Once you locate the tour folders, copy them to the current location shown in the VTS.CONFIG or change the VTS.CONFIG to the old location. Do not point directly to any tour. Instead, point it to two folders higher in the hierarchy.

For example, if your tours are in places like:
c:\my data\real estate\tours\residential\135 Elm Ave
c:\my data\real estate\tours\residential\Model Home

Then point the VTS.CONFIG to:
c:\my data\real estate\tours

Editing configuration files is not an area where many people have experience, so if this information does not make sense, ask your office's VisualTour administrator (if you have one) or feel free to call the VisualTour Support staff toll free at 800-873-0700.

Last edited by rmoss; 08-04-2010 at 07:02 AM. Reason: fixing section that got converted to HTML