Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > Support - General > Enhancement Requests

Old 08-24-2003, 07:46 AM

Unhappy Reporting Statistics:

I would like more detail on statistics:

Weekly number of views by week reporting by EACH VT property
Cumulative tours since posted.
TOTAL NUMBER OF VIEWS FOR ALL TOURS.

The significant change would be WEEKLY NUMBER OF TOURS FOR EACH PROPERTY ACTIVE FOR THAT WEEK.

I would also like to amend my tours on the web site without canceling it and redoing it. The auto links would remain in effect but I could correct, enhance, change the existing tour without all the work of changing every web presence that I have entered my tour on.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:46 AM
VT Support and Training

Smile Part of those Requests Are Online Right Now

We do not currently store the data we would need in order to display weekly tour view statistics by individual tour, though we welcome suggestions of that type so we know how to enhance our software and website to better serve the agents using our tour system.

You also mentioned that you would like to modify your online tour without having to remove the old one and re-upload a new one, which you realize changes the tour number. Congratulations, you get your wish, and you get it right now!

You can edit every single part of your tour online even after it has been uploaded. There is one limitation, which is that the voice can be changed (though an indirect process) for only the first four weeks that a tour exists.

Let me summarize some of the ways to change a tour and invite you to call us toll free to get all the details.

Adding Photos to an Online Tour
You have two options to add photos online. The first option is available for the first four weeks a tour exists. The other remains available with no time restrictions.

Option 1 - Overwriting a tour in its entirety with a new version of itself
Note: This option can also be used to add large quantities of photos to the end of a tour.

If the tour has been online for fewer than 4 weeks, you can overwrite it with a new version of itself without having to re-type any tour information or change the tour number or use an additional token (subscription users can ignore the reference to tokens since they do not use them).

1. Modify the tour in the VisualTour software. Make as many changes as you would like.

2. Next, start out as though you are uploading a new tour. When you get to the login screen, log in as normal.

3. When you get to the Tour Information screen, do NOT add any tour info. After all, this is not a new tour. Instead, click My Tours in the upper left.

4. Click the PHOTOS button next to the tour you are overwriting.

5. Click Add Photo(s) in the upper right.

6. Choose the OVERWRITE option, and click Next.

7. Continue as normal. You existing tour will be overwritten by a new version of itself, but since it uses the same tour number, all your previous links are still active (and point to the new version of the tour).

Option 2 - Adding Individual Photos to an Online Tour

If the tour has been online for more than 4 weeks or if you just want to add a photo or two to the online tour without first importing the photos into the VisualTour software, then this is the option you will use.

1. Log into your account, and click My Tours. If you do not see the My Tours option, then first click Advanced at the bottom so the option will be there for you.

2. Click the PHOTOS next to the tour you are editing.

3. Click the Add Photo(s) in the upper right.

4. You'll see an option to upload a single photo (just browse for the photo you want). If the photo you want is still in the software, you can export it to your hard drive by right clicking it and choosing the Export to Another Application option.

Adding or Changing Voice of an Online Tour
To add voice or change it, use the steps above for overwriting a tour. Upload the same tour, but this time include the new voice file.

Editing the Photo Captions and Descriptions of an Online Tour - You can either use the Easy Tour Manager to step you through changing the text descriptions or follow these steps.

1. Log into your account, and click My Tours. If you do not see the My Tours option, then first click Advanced at the bottom so the option will be there for you.

3. Click the EDIT option to the left of the photo you wish to edit (or just click on the photo itself so you don't accidentally click the delete option).

4. Edit the text as desired.

5. Click Next or Previous or Photos to save the changes.

Deleting Photos from an Online Tour

3. Click the delete option to the left of the photo you wish to remove.

Rearranging the order of Photos in an Online Tour

3. Renumber the photos, ensuring you have only one of each number.

4. Click REORDER at the top or the bottom.

Changing the Pricing/Bedrooms/Title And Other Information - You can either use the Easy Tour Manager to step you through changing this tour information or follow these steps.

2. Click the INFO button next to the tour you are editing.

3. Change the desired information.

4. Click SAVE.

These were just basic summaries, so anyone with questions should send email to support@VisualTour.com or call toll free 800-873-0700.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:32 AM

Cool Weekly reporting statistics

I agree strongly with the post from a few years ago.... your software is great the only item missing is weekly reporting. Even if putting in actual dates is too diffucult to program, a week1, week2, week3 ....etc would be welcomed.

Thanks for your thoughts on this matter

MAA
Old 01-07-2006, 07:59 PM

Exclamation Weekly Statistics

I strongly agree that weekly statistics are a must. It's really important to be able to provide this data to a seller to show them that activity has dropped off, so it's time to do a price reduction, or that activity picks up again once the price reduction is in place, etc.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:39 AM

Default Reporting Statistics on Auto Link Tours

What I would really like to see is a report of where the view originated. Did it come from the MLS, YAHOO, Homes.com or any of the others. Also if the tour was emailed, what Auto Link Tour was it emailed from?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:34 AM
VT Support and Training

To see the source of the tour view, log into your account, and from the My Account page, click My Tours toward the upper left. To the right of each tour is the number of times the tour has been viewed, but if you click DETAILS, you can view the source of the tour views. We have no way of tracking the source of every tour view, but we do encode the auto links that we send out so we know if tour views came from those locations.

To save you or other people reading this a follow up question, "Our website or other portals" refers to YOUR website or other unspecified portals.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:19 PM

Question Re: Reporting Statistics:

I just spoke to someone in the tech support regarding the Weekly Tour Statistic report you email out every weekend. I just made a bunch of updates to all of my agent accounts, made sure they were set up for all the available auto linked sites. I also made changes to existing tours that have now sold and I wanted to run an updated report for myself so that I could email to my managers - unfortunately, I can't do that myself - I have to wait until next weekend when your software runs the report.

Can you make that capability available within the reporting section where we can pull that report ourselves OR at least sections of it? What would have been nice is if I could have run an Auto Link Status updated report myself as well as the Active, Pending, Sold etc portion of the report.

Thanks!
Karen
Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM
VT Support and Training

Default Re: Reporting Statistics:

It has been a busy year, but even when requests are not completed immediately, we continue to discuss them. The weekly counts of individual tour view statistics are now online with more detailed information on the source of the tour view so you are better able to track which site are providing you with the most tour views. Check your tour view reports now or see more info at http://forums.visualtour.com/showthread.php?t=917.