Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > Support - General > Tips, Tricks & Techniques

Old 01-11-2004, 09:05 AM

Question Idea for Buyers Agents??

I'm a buyer's agent, which means I don't have listings. I've only used Visual Tours for relocating buyers who've asked me to preview a house for them. As you can imagine, this means many tours! So I give them a time limit of 3 days to view it, then it comes down. I save myself a lot of money that way.

Are there any other buyer's agents who use Visual Tours and have other ideas about how to use them?
www.Buyers-Advantage.net
Judith@Buyers-Advantage.net
Old 01-20-2004, 03:53 PM

Hello Judith,

I don't have any 'new' ideas for you, more of a question. Why do you take them offline after 3 days? Are you using the old token based subscription? I would imagine that your previewing, although time consuming is a great selling point when talking with busy and out of town buyers. I think your having a large inventory on line would be something great to reference to other possible buyers. And when you have so many buyers you can't do all of those tours, possibly you can get someone else to do that portion for you.

If you do any mailings searching for buyers you could mention your vast knowledge of the inventory and why that strength should bring them to you. Then point them to your huge inventory online and maybe follow up with a business card CD with a few of them to view.

If you aren't already doing the CD presentations make sure if you do to include a few slides (jpgs) of your information and services.

Best of luck and have a great 2004!
Old 01-20-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Ideas for Buyers Agents

I am going to do something new with my Virtual Tours. I'm going to put a page on my website that will show 2 things: one, virtual tours of Denver neighborhoods; and two, builder communities including photos and scanned floor plans. I'm working on it now.

Yes, I'm using the old token system, but will have to change that with my new plans. I don't like paying $29.95 here and $29.95 there until my monthly expenses equal what it costs to go to the moon! So that's why I use only 3 days, I can keep on using the same tours over and over without having to pay a monthly fee.
www.Buyers-Advantage.net
Judith@Buyers-Advantage.net
Old 03-04-2004, 07:36 PM

Thumbs up Buyer Agent tours

Judith,

If you're using the old token method...you're paying $25 per token. The 29.95 payment is a monthly fee REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF TOURS YOU POST. No need to take them offline.

Don't know whether you're doing this or not...you mentioned something about builder communities, I think. How about doing Community Profile tours...1 per town. Also specific neighborhood tours. When you create the tours, just save them in your computer files. Then when you have buyers looking at particular homes, merge the home data with the appropriate neighborhood and/or town. You could add schools, clubhouses, park districts, forest preserves, train stations, shopping centers, expressway access, etc. so you don't have to reinvent the wheel each time you need a new tour. I've been a VT user for 2-3 years and just made the switch to monthly myself...but I can't help but think this kind of functioning won't pay for itself many times over.

One thing I've done occasionally...and plan to do regularly now...is to create a tour of a buyer's new home so they can show it off to family & friends (if the home is occupied, I get the current owner's OK). I get a photo of the buyer in front of or in their new home & plan to use those images (with client permission) on testimonials pages on my websites.

How about a "testimonials" tour of past clients pictured with their new homes (or sold homes). Or how about an "interview" with you, showing you at work servicing your clients...some of the things you do to make their transactions smoother.

Hope this helps.

Judi Bryan
Old 03-23-2004, 05:18 AM

Lightbulb Co-op Deals With Listing Agents

I have a friend who only wants to LIST. He does not like working with buyers. I shoot his virtual tours and upload them to our MLS. Then I put them on one of my web sites (www.24-7tour.com). He lets me put flyers out front, and he occasionally runs a newspaper ad with MY name, phone, and URL in it.

I have picked up some good buyers. He gets more exposure for the home, and does not risk Dual Agency (He is a one-man office.)

Everybody wins!