Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > General > General Discussion

Old 08-22-2007, 11:06 AM

Default making a disc?

I want to make a disc that has a virtual tour and other marketing info on it. I have tried to use power point as well as publisher but can't get it to go on the visual tour. Doe anyone know how to make this happen?? Help!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:09 PM
VT Support and Training

Default Re: making a disc?

Are you trying to add the tour to a Powerpoint presentation (or Publisher file)?
-OR-
Are you trying to add a Powerpoint presentation (or Publisher file) to the tour?
-OR-
Are you just trying to have both on a CD even though neither one is part of the other?

I am not sure which of these you are asking, so let me give you at least some explanation of all of them. You can always respond with questions about any of these or call VisualTour's support staff toll free at 800-873-0700 (or call your office's VisualTour administrator if you are part of a company with its own internal support).

To add anything to a tour, it must be an image. If you want to add a slide from your Powerpoint presentation, you can do a screen capture (press the Print Screen button then open a painting program like the free one that comes with Windows and choose PASTE so you can save the screen as an image and import it into the VisualTour software). I believe Publisher allows you to save documents as JPG files, so if the file is in Publisher, it is fewer steps than if it is in Powerpoint. Either way, keep in mind that the images in the tour are smaller than on a regular computer screen, so fine lines and some text can be distorted. Try it if you want, but it does not always produce a great result if the contents of the Powerpoint slide are text or lines. If Powerpoint just had some images, you are much better off just importing the images into VisualTour Studio instead of trying to incorporate the Powerpoint slide.

To add a tour to a Powerpoint or Publisher file, you can use Microsoft's embedding. The tour will NOT actually play as part of the Powerpoint presentation. You will just get an icon that you can click on one of your slides to play the tour. We have some steps here on our forum, but be aware that some versions of Powerpoint do not display the VT icon properly. Click Here to read the steps.

To place both a tour and some other files on a CD requires no steps other than burning the files that you want just as you would burn any other CD with multiple files. You should be aware, however, that if your CD includes an autorun file, that file will only open ONE item. It can be your Powerpoint presentation or your tour but it will not open both. Unless you are going to use a menu program to offer a few choices of what to open, your CD will only play one thing until a person actually browses the CD and double clicks on the other items.

Perhaps one of those answers is what you are looking for (or at least a step in the right direction).