Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > Support - General > Enhancement Requests

Old 11-12-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Sorting Broker Inventory of Visual Tours

Your Broker Inventory of Visual http://forums.visualtour.com/ />Tours http://visualtours.com/inventory.asp?b=30374would be useful on the Coldwell Banker Ed Schlitt website IF, by default, it was sorted by Price like our Buyer’s Guide (highest price first). That would make sense for any customer using the broker inventory feature. The current sort is not customer-friendly.
Generic community tours should sort ahead of all home tours as a means of introducing our area to the general public and encouraging agents to create community tours.

If the inventory was useful, we could devote space in our 80-page 20,000 copy Buyer’s Guide to promoting our Visual Tours now that we have 42 pages of tours (that’s 252 tours).

Why isn’t the price suppressed on this page when the HIDE PRICE checkbox is checked?

Many agents do not use the heading field correctly. Many make it redundant with the city, community, or address. Better prompting is needed.

Some of the synth music is on such a short loop it can cause manic reactions.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:14 AM
VT Support and Training

Default Re: Sorting Broker Inventory of Visual Tours

You have quite a series of suggestions here. Let me address them one by one.

1) Sorting of the broker inventory - Have the broker email VisualTour support (support@VisualTour) with the desired sort method, and we can set the default sort to sort by price, property type, date, sale status, MLS number, your three user fields, or several other options. To see these options or to set your own default sort method for your account (not the broker account), log into your account and from the My Account page, click Inventory List Layout. The sort methods and filter criteria can be seen by clicking ADD toward the bottom to add a filter. You can add multiple filters and choose which is the default as well. If you do elect to use multiple filters, you can also decide which of them will be available from your online tours.

2) Hiding the price - The check box to hide price is used when your tour is sent to sites like Yahoo and HomeSeekers. Perhaps it would be wise to hide it on the inventory list as well. Maybe other people will comment on that suggestion or VisualTour can run a report to see who is using that check box and then ask people who use it whether they want that added.

3) The heading field - I am not clear on what heading field you mean. Are you talking about tour titles or the inventory list's page header field or the inventory list's title field? We will be happy to explain any features to you.

4) The short music - I am not sure about the manic reactions, but overall, when you are right, you are right. We have heard this concern before and are preparing new music for you. We are not only increasing the duration of the current music so it repeats less often, but we are also adding more selections to increase the styles. We expect those changes to be made available to you soon.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:15 PM

1. Very nice! I had set up my custom inventory display but never thought to click ADD FILTER. Filters are used to exclude things. I sorted by sales status, then price, but the sold ones came up first. Why? Buyers and Realtors want community tours then current inventory. The other statuses (especially SOLD) help to fatten the inventory, and show what types of homes are typical in the area, but they should not sort first. Realtors can choose to filter others out if they only want actives.

2. Sounds good

3. Heading? Sorry. I should have said Title. You have it labeled Title on the Info page. Lots of agents repeat the address, some repeat the community. I don't know why, but look at the results.

4. When you select the music, think about the MOOD the Realtor wants to create. Here are some suggestions, I'm sure other Realtors will have good ones too: soothing (I would vote for Blue Danube), vacation home caribbean music, elegant (always portrayed in commercials by Motzart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik), exciting, John Denver's Country Boy, something associated with boats and water (Sail Away). Stick to classics where ASCAP does not charge a royalty.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:16 PM

1. Very nice! I had set up my custom inventory display but never thought to click ADD FILTER. Filters are used to exclude things. I sorted by sales status, then price, but the sold ones came up first. Why? Buyers and Realtors want community tours then current inventory. The other statuses (especially SOLD) help to fatten the inventory, and show what types of homes are typical in the area, but they should not sort first. Realtors can choose to filter others out if they only want actives.

2. Sounds good

3. Heading? Sorry. I should have said Title. You have it labeled Title on the Info page. Lots of agents repeat the address, some repeat the community. I don't know why, but look at the results.

4. When you select the music, think about the MOOD the Realtor wants to create. Here are some suggestions, I'm sure other Realtors will have good ones too: soothing (I would vote for Blue Danube), vacation home caribbean music, elegant (always portrayed in commercials by Motzart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik), exciting, John Denver's Country Boy, something associated with boats and water (Sail Away). Stick to classics where ASCAP does not charge a royalty.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:19 AM
VT Support and Training

Here are a couple of quick follow up thoughts to your last post.

1. Part of your comment leaves me wondering what settings you used since sorting by sale status never places sold listings at the top. When you sort by status, you have two choices. You can sort by ASCENDING status or DESCENDING. Ascending places ACTIVE first, followed by PENDING then SOLD then OFF MARKET. Descending is the reverse with OFF MARKET at the top and ACTIVE at the bottom.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but you can change any of those terms to whatever you want. For example, some agents tell us that PENDING means nothing in their area, so they change that term to UNDER CONTRACT. Those changes can be made on the Inventory List Layout page. We suggest you leave ACTIVE alone or at least a term that really does mean active so that the automatic tour distribution (aka auto linking) will work. We only send active tours to the various web sites, so regardless of what exact term you use, make sure you mark your active tours with that term. Anyway, if you want to manipulate the sequence, feel free to change Off Market to SOLD and Sold to PENDING and Pending to OFF MARKET or any system you want for a total shakeup. On the tour information page that you see when uploading tours, the terms will always say Active, Pending, Sold, and Off Market, but everywhere else, they will show the terminology you typed.

As for the community tours going first, I might not have a magic solution for that one. The bulk of the agents tell us that they want the single family homes first followed by multi-family dwellings. You could sort by Property Type DESCENDING to force Community Tours to appear at the top if all your tours are either Community Tours or Single Family Homes. If you have a variety (vacant land, commercial, rentals, etc.), the descending list might not work out as a great solution for you. Have you ever considered linking your tours of properties in Melbourne to a community tour of Melbourne (and Rockledge properties to a Rockledge tour, Palm Bay homes to Palm Bay tour, etc.)? In that way, the community tour is always available. If you are not sure how to do that, there is an example here:
http://forums.visualtour.com/showthread.php?t=162

4. Based on your comments, I think you will be pleased with the music we are adding. You will not get specific songs (John Denver, Christopher Cross) but the styles will match what you just said you want.

Last edited by rmoss; 11-14-2007 at 04:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-14-2007, 04:06 PM
VT Support and Training

Oops, I just had an afterthought. In my message above, I said that sorting by sale status never places SOLD listings at the top. Actually, if you have no OFF MARKET listings, then of course the sold ones would appear at the top when sorted descending. Anyway, sort ascending and the sold listings go back to the bottom.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:31 PM

Smile Re: Sorting Broker Inventory of Visual Tours

Great ideas. I will play with them to attempt better results.

You did a fabulous job on the music. Lots of great selections - even sound effects. Smart.