Paradym Forums  

Go Back   Paradym Forums > Support - General > I Need Help!

Old 07-29-2008, 04:17 AM

Default Constantly logged out

When I'm on your site working on tours, your system constantly logs me out and I have to log back in repeatedly. I'm using Windows XP and IE 7. Any idea why this keeps happening. It's not due to inactivity, since it happens after just seconds.

Thanks,

Sue
Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
VT Support and Training

Default Re: Constantly logged out

I have not heard that one yet. You are not new to VisualTour, so I assume this issue just recently arose. Has anything changed that you know of? We use cookies to determine the timeout period, so it is possible that something is blocking the cookies. In IE, there are some settings under TOOLS-OPTIONS-Privacy tab to allow cookies based on the site rather than using the settings defined for all sites. You could try setting it to allow VisualTour. You might also want to check to see what other Internet security programs are running.

Maybe boot in safe mode with networking (press F8 repeatedly while booting to get a menu with that option) and see if it works. If it does, I do not recommend staying in safe mode, but you will at least know that the problem rests in something that is starting when your computer starts up. The Processes tab of Task Manager can show you what is running in safe mode vs. what is running in regular mode for comparison.

Maybe also try an alternate browser like Firefox and see if that stays logged in.